Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Beginning, New Start...

Why hello to anyone reading this I guess I should start with a little bit about myself. I have never done the blogging thing or anytime of weight loss journey journal and have never been one to share my weight with anyone, not even my mother, but if I am going to keep myself motivated I need to put everything on the line. I have been overweight/fat for most of my life, for as long a I can remember I have been dieting. I remember counting calories in a notebook in 5th grade. I would always lose about 20lbs then stop and gain back 30. I did WW about 4 years ago lost, 40lbs and then stopped and gained back 60-70lbs over the last few years. I recently got married and went on the South Beach Diet a month before my wedding and lost 20lbs, we went to an all-inclusive resort for our honeymoon and this was bad news for my waistline. I always start off great and then find that I self sabotage myself by saying "OH I lost xxlbs, I can afford to eat 15 donuts!!" So here is to sticking to it!

So why now you ask? Well the hubby and I have decided that we want to start REALLY trying to have a child this year and I just want to lose some of this weight to help that process, as well as, making it easier during pregnancy. I know its is kind of backwards to lose it BEFORE having a kid, but I feel its best to get the practices in order and will help lose it when our bundle of joy arrives.

So here it is, here are the stats:
I am now 243lbs (eekk)
Height- 5' 8"
I wear a size 16 in jeans (uncomfortably, 18 comfortably)

Hopefully I'll have a few interesting things to say from time to time about my weight loss journey, trying to acclimate to being a wife, and trying to get knocked up :) so check back every once in awhile and see what I have to say or bitch about.

No comments:

Post a Comment