Sunday, January 2, 2011

Maple Bourbon Glazed Turkey Cutlets

I will try and post some recipes to hopefully inspire healthy cooking to the readers. Let me first start off by saying I am super picky and 2 my husband does all of the cooking as I have a great way of ruining everything I touch. I really should go on the Worlds Worst Cook Show on Food Network. Anyways in hopes of trying to keep my husband excited about dieting we have picked a few new recipes to try. Here is Day 1 of new recipes maybe I could turn this into some sort of Julie/Julia thing, lol.

1. Maple Glazed Turkey Cutlets
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 lbs turkey cutlets
Glaze 
1 cup maple syrup (lowfat)
2/3 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon pepper
The glaze was super sweet it needed something, maybe orange juice to cut through all the sweet or even chipotle for some heat. It was just too sweet and missing a note of something, but it wasnt going to keep me from eating my turkey...I love turkey cutlets

No comments:

Post a Comment