Sunday, January 23, 2011

Challenge

I have recently been inspired by dietchiconamission's blog and how far she has come running 5k's. So I have decided to follow the C25k.com, it seems to have great results with people and they even have a Facebook page. The Couch 2 5k is a nine week program whose idea is transforming couch potatoes into runners. I figure if this program works for me than it can definitely work for EVERYONE. I am not the type of person to run, I still curse the person who thought it would be fun to just run for the heck of it. If someone is not chasing me, wielding some kind of weapon, I really don't see the point in running. However, I really want to be fit and enjoy running and it is so great for your body, health, etc. So here I am; I joined their facebook page and printed out the program, I even went as far as buying the IPhone app, which is really geat because it allows you to play your music and has verbal cues to tell you when to run and walk.

Yesterday was the first day I started the program and while it was tough, it was definitely not unbearable. The first week consists of sarting off with a 5min walk and then walking for 90secs and running for 60secs and you do this for 30mins. I completed it and felt very proud of myself and my thighs are SO sore this am. I wanted to try again today, but I start our Physical Training program tomorrow and didnt want to be in pain while getting my butt whooped.

So more to come!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love running. Yes I'm one of those people that would sit around for days on the couch watching tv. But now I run and I'm in love with how it makes me feel. Keep it up and before you know it you will be running longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been considering starting this program, but I had no idea they had an app for it!! Knowing this, I think I might have to definitely give it a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and glad you are motivated! You can do it! ;)
    Check out my recent blog too...I gave you an award!
    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Plump I secretly hate you right now. J/k I am definitely envious I want to be one of those people eventually!
    @thin the app is really cool. I was a little apprehensive about spending the 2.99, but it is definitely worth it.
    @tee thanks for the award!!! I love your blog too I can't believe you did 6 miles the other day! And down 8.2lbs!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh I’m totally flattered than I’m mentioned here! yay.
    First of all, I think you’ll be very successful with the program it’s def a great way to start!
    and you'll come to love running [I promise] I’m gonna be honest, I’ve yet to finish c25k, I got to about week 5 and then decided to just follow what my body was telling me. The first day, 30 sec or 90 secs of running, I couldn’t even breathe! And now I’m up to about 1.5 miles nonstop so just be patient and persistent and you’ll get there. I started doing the 5k per month to make sure it kept me motivated and it’s worked!! Good luck, can’t wait to hear about your progress :)

    ReplyDelete