Sunday, January 2, 2011

Freeze Dried Fruit??



I have always loved freeze dried strawberries (like the ones in Special K-Red Berries), I am a big texture person and love the crunchy. Well I started buying the strawberry packets rather than picking out the strawberries from the cereal box and upsetting my family. Well apparently I am not the only one who loves this stuff, because they have a ton of different freeze dried fruit in the grocery stores now. I just tried Apple from Sensible Foods and they are REALLY good! A big step up from apple chips which are chewy and remind me of something stale. I also bought a bag of the tropical blend which I will bring as a snack for work.
I also went researching online to see if I could find more "flavors" and was in shock out how many are made!! Apples, Cherries, Bananas, Strawberries, Raspberries (little too tart), Pineapple, Apricots, Mango, Peaches, Kiwi, Pears, and for you veggie fans they have just as many vegetable ones as they do fruit. I will be buying a bunch and will report back!
Websites I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment