Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bean Brownies?? :P

So I heard about these Bean Brownie things a few months ago when I was doing the South Beach Diet and since they have so much protein they were suggested as a good low carb dessert. However, I HATE HATE HATE beans. Did you ge that everyone I HATE beans, they make me want to gag, the smell, the look, the taste, everything. So there was no way in HELL I was going to try bean brownies. How dare someone even thinkng of adding beans to my heavenly, never done anything wrong to you brownies. So months later here I am making freaking bean brownies in attempts to satisfy my brownie craving in a hopefully a much healthier alternative.

I included the recipe below from Gina's website http://www.skinnytaste.com/
Black Bean Brownies
Servings: 20 servings Serving Size: 1 brownie Calories: 194 Points: 2 ww points
  • 1 can (15 oz.) black beans
  • 1 box brownie mix
Open can of beans, drain and rinse well. Put beans back in the can and fill can with water. Put beans and water in blender until smooth. Mix pureed beans with brownie package mix. DO NOT add eggs or oil. Spray baking dish with Pam. Cook brownies according to package directions. Cool and serve.

Adding the bean puree to my brownies.

Brownie Mix in the pan and a picture of the mix I used
 So if you despise beans as much as I do I dont advise taking a big whiff of the mixutre inside the blender once you pull the lid off. YUCK. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE brownie mix to me eating the mix is more special then the actual baked brownie. However I was extremely nervous to taste the mix, but I did.... I could taste the beans!! I almost threw out the mix right then and there, but I trudged on. They actually look amazing and smelled even better coming out of the oven and the taste... they are heavenly they are much more dense and heavy, due to the lack of eggs but you can't tell the difference. I suggest you all try them!!

I am also on to make pumpkin butter today...

No comments:

Post a Comment